62 miles in nasty wet weather is not fun. It did teach me a few things though.
- I hate the wind
- I need to work on my climbing
- Your feet can go numb even when it is in the upper 40’s
- I need to do something to keep my feet dry in the rain
- I love my bike
- The MS150 is going to be a piece of cake comparatively (very flat and warmer)
- I got really, really dirty
- I CAN do it
BTW, I need someone to ride with in the MS150. My riding partner, Jason, did two things that will preclude him from riding this year — he moved to San Francisco (which wasn’t going to keep wim away), and he broke his collarbone in two places riding last week (which WILL keep him away).